    SubjectPossible bug in USB or HID on asus mobo with via kt266 a chipset
        I recently changed motherboards on my linux box and one of my hid
    controllers (a psx-usb converter) stopped functioning correctly. I was
    running a 2.4.18 kernel on both boards, and with the new asus board,
    apps reading from the /dev/input/js0 file seem to halt after the first
    19 joystick messages are read. I tried reproducing the problem on other
    kernel versions, and experienced the same problem with a smattering of
    previous kernels. I'm using a hid mouse, as well as another hid
    controller, and both work correctly. Not sure if its related or not,
    but I also seem to have some apparent irq problems, as newly plugged in
    usb devices (any) and by that I mean after the usb-uhci or uhci driver
    is loaded, throw "USB device not accepting new address - * (error =
    -110)" errors. The situation in 2.4.19-pre2 changed a bit by completely
    breaking the psx-converter (joydev driver assigns no device) only on
    usb-uhci. pre3 has the same origional problem, as well as 4 and 5.
    Pre6 and Pre7 seem to completely break all usb hid devices. The irq
    (or whatever) problems go away and devices are hotplugged fine, but no
    hid devices are ever registered. Sorry for my infamiliarity with the
    linux kernel source and terminology. Thanks in advance.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.024 / U:0.180 seconds]