    SubjectRe: SMP P4 APIC/interrupt balancing
    Ok,
    After Ingo forwarded me his original patch (I found his patch via a web
    based medium, which had converted all of the left shifts to compares, and
    now I'm very glad it didn't boot...) and the system is booted and is
    balancing most of the interrupts at least. Here's the current output
    of /proc/interrupts

    brynhild:bash$ cat /proc/interrupts
    CPU0 CPU1
    0: 171414 0 IO-APIC-edge timer
    1: 3 2 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
    2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
    8: 1 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
    18: 8 7 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
    19: 13566 12799 IO-APIC-level eth0
    20: 9 7 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
    21: 9 7 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
    27: 1572 5371 IO-APIC-level megaraid
    NMI: 0 0
    LOC: 171315 171251
    ERR: 0
    MIS: 0

    So, the timer isn't being balanced still, others are (is there a
    specific case in your patch for irq 0 (< 1)? I couldn't see it but
    it almost looks as though it's being missed..)

    Thanks to all that replied.

    Regards
    James

    --
    James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
    Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

    addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
    information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
    intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
    take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or