SubjectRe: SMP P4 APIC/interrupt balancing
Ok,
After Ingo forwarded me his original patch (I found his patch via a web
based medium, which had converted all of the left shifts to compares, and
now I'm very glad it didn't boot...) and the system is booted and is
balancing most of the interrupts at least. Here's the current output
of /proc/interrupts

brynhild:bash$ cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0 CPU1
0: 171414 0 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 3 2 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 1 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
18: 8 7 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
19: 13566 12799 IO-APIC-level eth0
20: 9 7 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
21: 9 7 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
27: 1572 5371 IO-APIC-level megaraid
NMI: 0 0
LOC: 171315 171251
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

So, the timer isn't being balanced still, others are (is there a
specific case in your patch for irq 0 (< 1)? I couldn't see it but
it almost looks as though it's being missed..)

Thanks to all that replied.

Regards
James

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or