SubjectRe: Incremental Patch Building Script
On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Robin Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a script to build incremental patches, as found on
> bzimage.org previously. I have written this so that other people will find
> it easier to roll their own incremental patches to use.
>
> Comments/Suggestions on improvement welcome

There's already interdiff from Tim Waugh's patchutils [1] that makes
incremental diffs between patches. And interdiff doesn't need the source
the patches are against (IOW: to make an incremental patch between two
kernel -pre patches you don't need any kernel sources). It's pretty
simple:

interdiff -z patch-2.4.19-pre6.gz patch-2.4.19-pre7.gz > mydiff
> Please CC me, as I am not subscribed to the list.
>
> Thanks.

cu
Adrian

[1] http://cyberelk.net/tim/data/patchutils/

--

You only think this is a free country. Like the US the UK spends a lot of
time explaining its a free country because its a police state.