    SubjectRe: [BUG] kmem_cache_grow.
    hugang wrote:
    > Hell all:
    > Problem: first run "find /" , eject and insert pcmcia network's card, the kernel will crash.
    > Kernel oops: at
    > linux/mm/slab.c->kmem_cache_grow.
    > if (in_interrupt() && (flags & SLAB_LEVEL_MASK) != SLAB_ATOMIC)
    > BUG(); <-- here.

    Known problem, I'm afraid. The PCMCIA Card Services layer
    in a number of places is doing stuff from inside a timer
    handler which it should not be.

    > Can I remove this check ?

    It's best not to, really. It'll probably appear to have
    worked but your kernel could still fail in mysterious ways,
    much later, very occasionally.

    If you're using devfs, you could try disabling that. Not
    that this is a devfs bug, but disabling devfs reduces
    the number of functions which the buggy drivers call at
    timer-interrupt time.

    The bottom line is that we have a pcmcia_cs staffing shortage.
    Somebody needs to go in, pull out the timers, use schedule_task().

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:34.020 seconds]