SubjectRe: linux as a minicomputer ?
On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > cheap system, but dual Celeron? The last dual Celeron m/b I saw was the
> > BP6, and I have a bunch of them in various places. Is that the board
> > you're remembering? It uses CPUs no longer available.
>
> There are much newer dual Celeron boards. Maybe they just don't sell them
> in the USA any more ?

eeeh, after 533, starting with the celeron A intel basically succeeded
in breaking smp on celerons. And they also switched to using
borked p3's for celerons ( 256k cache vs 128k ) if the rumors are true :).

There were some ppl doing realy nasty voltage mods but nothing
conclusive ever came of that. The last thing I heard was that
asus succeeded in making a dual p4, but I dont expect much
from that corner.

So you're stuck with p3 or xeon, going the amd route might be
smarter if you want something affordable.

--
Sten Spans

"What does one do with ones money,
when there is no more empty rackspace ?"