    SubjectRe: linux as a minicomputer ?
    On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > cheap system, but dual Celeron? The last dual Celeron m/b I saw was the
    > > BP6, and I have a bunch of them in various places. Is that the board
    > > you're remembering? It uses CPUs no longer available.
    >
    > There are much newer dual Celeron boards. Maybe they just don't sell them
    > in the USA any more ?

    eeeh, after 533, starting with the celeron A intel basically succeeded
    in breaking smp on celerons. And they also switched to using
    borked p3's for celerons ( 256k cache vs 128k ) if the rumors are true :).

    There were some ppl doing realy nasty voltage mods but nothing
    conclusive ever came of that. The last thing I heard was that
    asus succeeded in making a dual p4, but I dont expect much
    from that corner.

    So you're stuck with p3 or xeon, going the amd route might be
    smarter if you want something affordable.

    --
    Sten Spans

    "What does one do with ones money,
    when there is no more empty rackspace ?"