SubjectRe: linux as a minicomputer ?
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Oh yes, but the *expensive* part of the machine -- the multiprocessor
> > box -- isn't.
>
> If you need SMP (frequently doubtful) its a price, but dual celeron and
> dual duron are cheap if you buy them from sensible vendors.

I guess dual Doron is okay if you are really trying to build a super
cheap system, but dual Celeron? The last dual Celeron m/b I saw was the
BP6, and I have a bunch of them in various places. Is that the board
you're remembering? It uses CPUs no longer available.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc