SubjectRe: Using video memory as system memory
Byron Stanoszek <> writes:

> I have an old 586 that has low memory and no ability for further upgrades.
> I had an idea to use the framebuffer memory of a 32MB video card lying around
> the office as system memory and implemented the following patch:

There are significant speed differences between video card ram
and ram on a PCI card.

Setup an mtd device and use the video card ram for swap. It's
about 10 lines more code, is testable as a module, and is code that
is clean enough some variant of it might even get into the kernel.