SubjectRe: Nomination
Ah, Dan - you've hit the nail on the head.  I, too, am awed by Rick's
forward thinking. My only hesitation is that his thinking is so far
above and beyond the norm that I find I am unable to respond to his
postings at the level of intelligence required to communicate with him.
Given the normal lack of responses to his postings, I assume that
others must feel the same.

Perhaps his vision and leadership would spur us all on to higher order
thinking, but I can only wonder how many of us would be able to make the
leap. I can only say that I would be willing to try, and hope that he
would be as gentle towards the ignorant as Linus has been.

Besides, I've always thought FORTH was the wave of the future.

regards,
David

Dan Kegel wrote:
> "Peter J. Braam" <braam@clusterfs.com> wrote:
>
>>Linus, I'm sad to see you give this up, but I think I understand.
>>
>>I'd like to nominate/vote for Alan Cox as your successor.
>

> IMHO the time of greybeards like Alan has passed. It's
> time for dynamic new leadership, unafraid to confront
> conformancy! That's why I nominate Rick Hohensee as
> the new maintainer. With cLIeNUX [1], he has demonstrated
> that he can think outside of the box.
>
> Vote Hohensee for Linux Kernel Leader!
>
> - Dan
>
> [1] ftp://linux01.gwdg.de/pub/cLIeNUX/BEGIN_HERE
> ftp://linux01.gwdg.de/pub/cLIeNUX/descriptive/DSFH.html
> -

David L. Parsley
Network Administrator, Roanoke College
"If I have seen further it is by standing on ye shoulders of Giants."
--Isaac Newton