SubjectRe: LFS support for smbfs in 2.5, and other improvements
> Using the terminology from the status page I guess this could be the smbfs
> list:
> Alpha smbfs: I/O rewrite, smbiod
> Alpha smbfs: Fcntl locking + smb oplock support
> Alpha smbfs: smbconnect for better fstab integration
> Planning smbfs: Readahead support (async readpage/writepage)
> Planning smbfs: Read/Write request merging
> But won't the list become very long if every little driver included all
> the planned changes? Not my problem I guess ...

Yes, I am trying to limit the status list to the big items so that it
stays readable for people.

> Also I don't know if any of this will be ready to be merged within the 6
> month limit mentioned in one of the early announcements.

Why don't we do this, if there is anything that gets close to inclusion
and you feel it is a big thing lots of people have been anxiously waiting
for, let me know and I'll put it in.

> Regarding the updated statuspage, it isn't the "Samba filesystem", it is
> the SMB filesystem (usually smbfs, SMBFS, SMBfs and possibly other
> variations).

Fixed, thanks.

-- Guillaume