    SubjectRe: LFS support for smbfs in 2.5, and other improvements
    > Using the terminology from the status page I guess this could be the smbfs
    > list:
    >
    > Alpha smbfs: I/O rewrite, smbiod
    > Alpha smbfs: Fcntl locking + smb oplock support
    > Alpha smbfs: smbconnect for better fstab integration
    > Planning smbfs: Readahead support (async readpage/writepage)
    > Planning smbfs: Read/Write request merging
    >
    > But won't the list become very long if every little driver included all
    > the planned changes? Not my problem I guess ...

    Yes, I am trying to limit the status list to the big items so that it
    stays readable for people.

    > Also I don't know if any of this will be ready to be merged within the 6
    > month limit mentioned in one of the early announcements.

    Why don't we do this, if there is anything that gets close to inclusion
    and you feel it is a big thing lots of people have been anxiously waiting
    for, let me know and I'll put it in.

    > Regarding the updated statuspage, it isn't the "Samba filesystem", it is
    > the SMB filesystem (usually smbfs, SMBFS, SMBfs and possibly other
    > variations).

    Fixed, thanks.

    -- Guillaume

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.028 / U:1.688 seconds]