    SubjectRe: [bkpatch] do_mmap cleanup

    paul> Juan Quintela writes:
    >> Please, don't do that, export another function that does exactly that.
    >> sys_munmap is declared as asmlinkage, and some architectures (at
    >> least ppc used to have) need especial code to be able to call
    >> asmlinkage functions from inside the kernel.

    paul> Huh? asmlinkage doesn't do anything on PPC, and never has. It only
    paul> makes any difference on i386 and ia64 - see include/linux/linkage.h.

    Humm, having to relook at the question. When I begin to work in
    supermount, there was a need for a patch (trampoline.S), that I don't
    need anymore after I remove one asmlinkage from the exported
    functions. But if you told that it is not needed, you are the ppc
    maintainer, can be that any side effect made that code not to be
    needed anymore.

    Later, Juan.

    are different -- Larry McVoy