    SubjectRe: Interprocess shared memory .... but file backed?
    Date
    Followup to:  <3C88D930.2080308@htec.demon.co.uk>
    By author: Christopher Quinn <cq@htec.demon.co.uk>
    In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

    > > well MAP_PRIVATE is "dont share" so not with that 8)
    > > Use MAP_SHARED and you'll get what you want
    > >
    > Certainly true! But MAP_SHARED gives uncontrolled flush of
    > dirty data - so that's out for me. I only want 'privacy' to
    > extend to the right to make changes permanent at my own
    > discretion.

    I actually have this issue as well, in order to make LPSM sharable it
    would be greatly beneficial to have something that would allow
    multiple processes to see the same mmap, but for writes not to hit the
    backing store file.

    -hpa
    http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt <amsp@zytor.com>