    SubjectRE: Re: ACL support
    Andreas Dilger <> wrote:

    >On Mar 07, 2002 15:58 -0500, wrote:
    >> What I am offering is an alternative implementation of ACL support at the
    >> VFS level, that remains independent of filesystem support for ACLs.
    >Then you must not have looked at the code at all. It includes
    >a generic VFS interface for EAs and ACLs. There are ext2, ext3, and XFS
    >codes which work with this VFS interface.
    >Some people have had complaints about the bestbits VFS interface, and
    >another one for people to look at is never a bad thing.

    That's my point. :-) I didn't say I have the /only/ interface in the VFS,
    but that I'm proposing an /alternate/ interface at that level; in which
    I do things a bits differently. For one, I dissociate the attributes from
    the ACL entirely; but that doesn't prevent the filesystem from implementing
    one in terms of the other.

    Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.020 / U:9.916 seconds]