    SubjectRE: Re: ACL support
    Andreas Dilger <adilger@clusterfs.com> wrote:

    >On Mar 07, 2002 15:58 -0500, pelletierma@netscape.net wrote:
    >> What I am offering is an alternative implementation of ACL support at the
    >> VFS level, that remains independent of filesystem support for ACLs.
    >
    >Then you must not have looked at the bestbits.at code at all. It includes
    >a generic VFS interface for EAs and ACLs. There are ext2, ext3, and XFS
    >codes which work with this VFS interface.
    >
    >Some people have had complaints about the bestbits VFS interface, and
    >another one for people to look at is never a bad thing.

    That's my point. :-) I didn't say I have the /only/ interface in the VFS,
    but that I'm proposing an /alternate/ interface at that level; in which
    I do things a bits differently. For one, I dissociate the attributes from
    the ACL entirely; but that doesn't prevent the filesystem from implementing
    one in terms of the other.