    SubjectRe: [opensource] Re: Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
    On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:05:33 -0500
    michael bernstein <bernstein.46@osu.edu> wrote:
    > Last time I checked, it didn't matter if a person had "cashed out their
    > millions" for a program to go opensource. So fucking what. I'm a poor
    > college student, as many are, and yet, I still see a lot of useful
    > programs coming out.

    Wow, a poor college student who has a decade of experience implementing
    revision control systems? Great!

    > Last time I checked, no one was making money off of
    > enlightenment, and they are all still poor.

    Wow! *Where* do you live? In Australia, poor people don't live in
    apartments in Bondi Junction with an ocean view, or drive a Nissan GTS
    Skyline.

    Sorry to deflate your fantasy...
    Rusty.