SubjectRe: Kernel Oops in 2.4.18 (ide.c)

--- Zwane Mwaikambo <> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Beef Arrowny wrote:
> > I think I've got all the right info, but here
> goes:
> >
> > I'm trying to get my RICOH MP6200A CD-RW to work
> on
> > this new machine I just built. I've gotten it to
> work
> > in the past, but it's always been blind luck.
> This is
> > the first time I've gotten an oops however.
> I sent a patch to fix the oops, but not the
> underlying problem a while
> back, so thats probably why it hasn't made it into
> mainline. Jens might
> know wether the drive is a problematic one.
> Regards,
> Zwane

Can you give me a hint as to what I might be able to
do to modify it and fix it? I'm not an expert in C
coding, but I can mill my way around... I can
understand why such a patch may be left out of the
mainstream kernel, but I wouldn't mind applying it in
my case.

Just for some more info on the problem. I did some
more reboots last night, and I did get the 'eject sr0'
to work once. I then pressed the CD back in and tried
the eject again, and froze up hard. no Oops that
time. So it works intermittently.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Do You Yahoo!?