    SubjectRe: Kernel Oops in 2.4.18 (ide.c)

    --- Zwane Mwaikambo <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Beef Arrowny wrote:
    > > I think I've got all the right info, but here
    > goes:
    > >
    > > I'm trying to get my RICOH MP6200A CD-RW to work
    > on
    > > this new machine I just built. I've gotten it to
    > work
    > > in the past, but it's always been blind luck.
    > This is
    > > the first time I've gotten an oops however.
    > I sent a patch to fix the oops, but not the
    > underlying problem a while
    > back, so thats probably why it hasn't made it into
    > mainline. Jens might
    > know wether the drive is a problematic one.
    > Regards,
    > Zwane

    Can you give me a hint as to what I might be able to
    do to modify it and fix it? I'm not an expert in C
    coding, but I can mill my way around... I can
    understand why such a patch may be left out of the
    mainstream kernel, but I wouldn't mind applying it in
    my case.

    Just for some more info on the problem. I did some
    more reboots last night, and I did get the 'eject sr0'
    to work once. I then pressed the CD back in and tried
    the eject again, and froze up hard. no Oops that
    time. So it works intermittently.

    Thanks for your prompt reply.

    Do You Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.024 / U:32.776 seconds]