    SubjectRe: Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
    Hi!

    > > I also dislike the irony of BK being proprietary. Sure, they might
    > > have an enlightened and generous attitude not, but PGP used to be
    > > free, then it became kinda free and then it became orphaned. Luckily
    > > GPG came along, luckily PGP didn't have a monoploy on our history.
    >
    > PGP didn't have a business model, we do, and part of our business model
    > is to give it away to some of the world. It's a good business model,
    > BK is dramatically better because the PPC team used it and Cort went
    > through all sorts of stuff as BK improved. BK would easily be a
    > year

    So you basically give bk for free because it is good for you. What if
    it will stop being good for you ten years from now?

    Also it would be nice to apt-get install bk, but your license probably
    means we'll not see it in debian any time soon. (Should check, but do
    other vendors distribute bk?)
    Pavel
    --
    (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
    no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa