SubjectRe: [opensource] Re: Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
On 6 Mar 2002, Colin Walters wrote:

> That being said, I personally will probably start getting more involved
> with arch. Hacking on a verison control system looks like fun.

It is fun. I would not be surprised if after all this noise a XCVS project
would start. I understand what the goal of your petition was guys, but
you've to understand that there're a lot of developers for which Linux
kernel hacking turned to be from fun to work ( and fun, or better payed
fun ). And you cannot blame someone that uses the better tool ( for them )
to accomplish the job. If CVS would have done the job i think it would
have been employed a long time ago as long as i think that if an XCVS will
be available in a next future it will be probably used in this context.

- Davide

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.244 / U:0.228 seconds]