    SubjectRe: [RFC] Arch option to touch newly allocated pages
    > maximum memory exceeding the available tmpfs as long as they don't all need
    > all that memory at once. And, if they do, the patch I just posted will let
    > them deal fairly sanely with the situation.

    And the address space management stuff in the -ac tree will do all that and
    more without force allocating pages and regardless of what other apps do
    including without allowing your rude app to kill them.

    You are using an axe to batter down a door. Worse than that I fitted a
    perfectly good door handle.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.021 / U:29.880 seconds]