    SubjectRe: [opensource] Re: Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
    On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 17:41, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    > All hail the non-profit nazis from Ohio State.

    The petition came from a group of people in the OSU Open Source club,
    not from the whole school (obviously) or even the whole club.

    > It's none of your
    > f_cking business what we use to develop software. I use a hardware
    > American Arium logic analyzer and a proprietary Linux kernel
    > debugger. Should people be boycotted when they use hardware
    > analyzers to debug hardware and software with Linux.

    You apparently missed the fact that the the petition was not against the
    *use* of proprietary software at all. In fact, we explicitly mentioned
    that everyone is free to make that choice individually. What the
    petition is against is the *advocacy* of the proprietary BitKeeper
    software by the kernel maintainers.

    > It's pretty clear that the alumni of Ohio State University

    The petition has nothing to do with the alumni of the Ohio State

    The rest of your message isn't worth responding to, so I won't.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.023 / U:41.544 seconds]