    SubjectRe: ext3 and undeletion
    > another inode after the trunc op would break unix semantics.  In order to
    > work, you'd have to use a new inode (in .undelete, of course), copy, then do
    > the actual trunc call.
    > This would make truncation expensive, whereas before it was pretty fast.
    > Modifying unlink will probably suffice.

    You would need to hook the truncate/unlink paths in the file system. If
    you are doing it within the fs it becomes cheap (at least for ext2) - as
    you can simply reassign the data blocks to a new inode, stuff the new inode
    into the magic "stuff we deleted" directory and continue.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.020 / U:58.880 seconds]