    SubjectRe: hard drive UDMA weirdness
    On Sun, 2002-03-03 at 17:40, David Madore wrote:
    > Hi.

    > computer and not on another, whereas they run the same version of
    > Linux and have near-identical motherboards and BIOS versions.]
    >
    > [Detailed hardware configuration is given at bottom.]

    <snip>
    Since you didn't mention it I assume you haven't tested the ide cables.

    Did you try changing the cables?

    I myself have been experiencing problems that were related to a faulty
    ide cable which looked fine on the surface. The kernel will try
    resetting ideX continuously causing (in my case) filesystem corruption
    in the end... It's not a pretty sight.

    Michiel van de Garde
    Parser Consultancy
    w: www.parser.nl
    e: garde@parser.nl

    --
    "I do not require that my work be confirmed by observation. It is enough
    that it fit well enough that everyone believes it to be right."