SubjectQuota patches for 2.5
Date
Included in the following 13 emails are Jan Kara's current quota patches
forward ported to 2.5.6-pre2. They comprise a rewrite of the quota system
allowing for quota plugins much like filesystem plugins and a new quota
structure. He will have to comment on the stability, but they look good from
where I sit.

He origionally has 12 patches which are included, and I added one patch to
change sync_dquot_dev to sync_dquot_all and fix all of the references to
dquot->dq_dev as Al Viro is getting rid of kdev_t in the places where this
was to be used. Also fixed are some compile errors created by me misspelling
on the cut/paste portion.

From Jan's comments: the patches I ported from all compile cleanly and run
reasonably. There is also a compatibility interface as one of the patches.

These are a beginning of a threaded quota system, in keeping with the desire
to remove the BKL from as much of the FS as possible.

The patches to create a threaded quota system are not included, but the
quota system needs to be updated before any work on threading can be done
within reason.

Al and Jan, please comment as you feel neccesary/inclined, and anyone else
as you wish.

Craig.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.119 / U:0.656 seconds]