    SubjectRe: 2.4.19-pre4-ac[23] do not boot
    On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > This is possible, however one of the problems encountered is the
    > > following under several chipsets. If there is no pio timing set at all,
    > > then we can run into host lock issues if the driver drops out of dma.
    > > Thus, if it is going to lockup here it would/could lock up in other
    > > places when one trys to program the host for PIO.
    > Well right at the moment the ALi locks up on boot reliably. That means a
    > fix has to be found, or the ALi changes reverted

    The real bug may be a rusult of improper setup and since there is no cable
    detection bit in the XMETA Lifebook, but it needs the southbridge setup
    calls, that snippet of code must be move to above function.

    lines 570-590 and 611-620 or there abouts, with their if(version) test.

    Rereading the code, docs, comments -- it is clear pci_init code for the

    Andre Hedrick
    LAD Storage Consulting Group

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:1.840 seconds]