    SubjectRe: Backport of Ingo/Arjan highpte to 2.4.18 (+O1 scheduler)
    > I'm not considering to drop pte-highmem from 2.4 and to only support the
    > user-fixmaps in 2.5 because it is a showstopper bugfix for lots of
    > important users that definitely cannot wait 2.6. I'm also not
    > considering backporting the user-fixmaps because that would be a quite
    > invasive change messing also with the alignment of the user stack (I
    > know it could stay into kernel space, but right after the user stack it
    > will be more optimized and cleaner/simpler, so I prefer to put the few
    > virtual pages there).

    Can you explain the problem with the aligment of the user stack? I can't
    see what the problem is here .... and we need to start thinking about how
    to fix it if you've seen a problem that we haven't ....

    Thanks,

    M.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.023 / U:34.164 seconds]