    SubjectRe: ANN: NTFS 2.0.1 for kernel 2.5.7 released
    Is this a good default?

    IMHO you usually would not want to execute stuff off NTFS, and
    if you do you can always just explicitly invoke using wine like:
    `wine /ntfs/lookout.exe`

    To have all files executable breaks stuff like:
    midnight commander (won't open executable files)
    ls colorizing
    shell tab completion

    see:

    I think the default should be
    rx for directories and r for files

    Padraig.

    Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > NTFS 2.0.1 for kernel 2.5.7 is now available. This is a minor update,
    > mainly to allow binaries to be executed by changing the default
    > permissions on files to include the executable bit. This feature has
    > often been requested by wine users so here it is. (-:
    >
    > Sorry for the quick succession of releases but the web server hosting
    > the 2.0.0 patches is now off line so I had to move the location and I
    > used the opportunity to release this minor update.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Anton

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.030 / U:0.128 seconds]