    SubjectRe: Patch, forward release() return values to the close() call
    > Agreed, but the question is which approach to use. :) Declaring it as void
    > sounds like it may involve a lot of driver fixup work.

    For the first way of doing I already provided a patch, which started this
    thread. (returning the release() value proparly to the close())

    However if I get a word from the applicate maintaners (linus or viro) that a
    patch declaring release() with void return type will be accepted for 2.5.x, I
    would volunteer for providing it. Should not be that much of a work, once you
    concentrate on it. However I'm not doing it for the birds :o) (without
    consultation first).

    Personlaly I'm unsure which of both decisions would be better, but am
    unsatisfied with the way it's currently.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.022 / U:181.060 seconds]