lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2002]   [Mar]   [24]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
    /
    Date
    From
    Subject2.4.18: many IDE errors
    I have six disks in the machine, each a master on the cable. Two are
    on the on-board controller and Four are on two PCI ATA-100 cards.

    I am getting disk error (BadCRC) on all disks, intermittently.

    I upgraded from RH 2.4.9 (with SGI xfs) to 2.4.18+xfs. Same problem.
    I then applied the 2.4.18-rc1 IDE patches with no improvement (well,
    the four 160GB disks are now fully visible and not clipped to 28bits
    which is a nice surprise).

    I checked the memory, replaced the power supply with a hefty 400W,
    I even used a recent mobo (Gigabyte GA-6VTXE). No beef, practically
    the same rate of errors.

    I do not believe all six cables are bad (80w all). This is a UP, and
    I did not enalbe local APIC. Should I?

    Any ideas where to go from here? On request I have boot messages
    (with errors) and lspci output - I prefer not to overload the list.

    The setup is two WD 60GB disks (hda/hdc) which host the root fs (ext2)
    a working area (md2=RAID0, most of the space) and an xfs log
    (md1=RAID1).

    hde/g/i/k are Maxtor 160GB, RAID5, xfs (with external log on md0).

    I get errors intermittently on all, here is an example after a boot
    following the creation of the raid5 (so a sync was running for about
    two hours).

    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    ide0: reset: success
    hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hdi: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdi: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hdi: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdi: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdc: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    ide1: reset: success
    hdi: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdi: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hdi: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdi: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    md: md1: sync done.
    raid5: resync finished.
    hdi: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hdi: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    invalidate: busy buffer


    --
    Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
    -
    To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
    the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
    More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
    Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

    \
     
     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.052 / U:0.672 seconds]
    ©2003-2016 Jasper Spaans. hosted at Digital OceanAdvertise on this site