    SubjectRe: NBD client/server broken?
    Just to keep interested parties informed:

    Thanks to Steven Whitehouse I found out that the latest nbd client/server
    user space programs are in CVS on Sourceforge (the kernel nbd documentation
    needs updating to point to http://sf.net/projects/nbd)...

    And I have just submitted a patch to Steven to make the nbd-server 64-bit
    clean on 32-bit machines and to allow proper auto detection of device size.
    Hopefully we will see it entering the CVS soon. Otherwise patch is
    available on request from me. (-:

    Mounting a NTFS 15GiB partition over nbd (using ntfs tng driver) gave me a
    data throughput of 7-10MiB/sec over 100MBit ethernet (going via switch and
    a hub) which is quite impressive. (-:

    Best regards,

    Anton