    SubjectRe: 2.4.19pre3aa2
    Jens Axboe wrote:
    > On Wed, Mar 20 2002, Jari Ruusu wrote:
    > > And, about sleeping in loop_make_request(), I have also changed the code in
    > > such way that it defaults to code that may sleep in loop_make_request(). But
    > > non-sleeping code is still present (but not currently used), like this:
    > >
    > > #if 1
    > > may-sleep-in-loop_make_request-code-here
    > > #else
    > > non-sleeping-loop_make_request-code-here
    > > #endif
    > The solution I prefer is to have loop_make_request() block when we run
    > out of pre-allocated buffers, ie similar to "normal" block drivers when
    > they run out of request slots. This provides a nice throttling mechanism
    > and makes sure that loop doesn't eat into the memory polls too heavily.
    > In any way, do it one way and remove the other.

    OK, non-sleeping code is gone.

    > > 2.4.19-pre3 loop code wanders to loop_get_buffer() and transfer function in
    > > LO_FLAGS_BH_REMAP optimization case.
    > So the 'new' version does exactly the same, but doesn't do it in
    > loop_get_buffer().

    I found a new bug in stock loop driver: LO_FLAGS_BH_REMAP optimization is
    never enabled because init hook for type 0 transfer is never executed. That
    bug is not dangerous, but is not fixed by patch that I posted here
    yesterday... so here is new one that fixes it.

    Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
    > ...well, you still haven't honored my modest wish of the innocent 2
    > #define's and 1 typedef...

    Your cryptoapi specific defines and typedef are now included.

    Jari Ruusu <>[unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip]
     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.037 / U:19.556 seconds]