Subjectkernel thread --> user process

I would like to push a kernel thread into a user-level process through
the use of execve. The kernel thread is started from a loadable
module - so there has been no user-level process dipping into the
kernel that we could just replace.

The process init does something similar. From what I've been reading it
just calls execve() and magically it is a user-level process. Since
my code does not generate a user-level process I assume there is more
to it than that. Can someone point me in the right direction to
accomplishing this? Do I need to generate a user-land stack frame? How?

Please cc jhollingsworth@elon.edu as I'm currently not subscribed.

Thanks for reading.

-joel