    Subjectkernel thread --> user process

    I would like to push a kernel thread into a user-level process through
    the use of execve. The kernel thread is started from a loadable
    module - so there has been no user-level process dipping into the
    kernel that we could just replace.

    The process init does something similar. From what I've been reading it
    just calls execve() and magically it is a user-level process. Since
    my code does not generate a user-level process I assume there is more
    to it than that. Can someone point me in the right direction to
    accomplishing this? Do I need to generate a user-land stack frame? How?

    Please cc as I'm currently not subscribed.

    Thanks for reading.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.046 / U:9.120 seconds]