SubjectRe: PUPLinux 1.2.14 Umbilical
From
>   Rick,
>
> PUPLinux sounds great!
>
> Does it run on Red Hat?

Ha. Ha ha. (Actually that IS damn funny. Nice one. Made my day.)

> See ya,
> Joe Barr

Hmmm, not finding any "Joe Barr" in the last few weeks of l-k. Let's
see about google. From Joe Barr's annual Linux predictions on
linuxworld....

About the author
[39]Joe Barr is a freelance journalist covering Linux, open source,
and network security. His 'Open Source' column has been a regular
feature of LinuxWorld.com since its inception. As far as we know, he
is the only living journalist whose works have appeared both in
phrack, the legendary underground zine, and IBM Personal Systems
Magazine.
Resources

Oh. Hi.

Sorry I didn't recognize you. I spend more time trying to write the future
than reading about it. Or rather, I tend to read about the future in old
sourcecode. Like this bizarre thing dmr just sent me; ed.bun, which
appears to be a Plan 9 "bundle" of 3 V5 UNIX assembly source files for ed.
Plan 9 "bundle" appears to be a sed script. ed, bundled by the streamable
version of ed. Of course, for all I know Plan 9 sed is really streamable
sam. It's surely UTF-8. Welcome to the future.

Relax. I don't see my stuff screwing up any of your predictions any time
soon. However, if you want to see my most futuristic flakey untenable
stuff, sticking my own 3-stack Forth in the Linux kernel is nothing. Have
a look at

and the other oddities in that directory. They are my non-technical side,
to the extent that I have such a thing.

So, on the "one bad joke deserves another" tack you established via email,
it's your turn.

Rick Hohensee

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.511 / U:0.176 seconds]