    SubjectRe: Please
    Date
    On Saturday, 2. March 2002 00:27, Henrik Lassen wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I saw your posting Promise TX4 - I bought two controllers (shit).

    Confirmed.

    > Using: Redhat 7.2 Egnima Kernel 2.4.7-10
    >
    > I can se the first two disk, but redhat crashes if I try to connect the
    > others.

    The problem is called Andre Hedrick, a guy who is talking in miracles,
    but seems to be unable to fix either the issues with:
    - the single TX4 with multiple PDC20270
    nor:
    - multiple TX2 with PDC20268

    or at least ignores further communication on that problems, if you
    don't use some magic storage peoples language.(*) TM in a parallel
    universe, not too far from here...

    Most other kernel guys prefer SCSI or simple IDE solutions.

    > Please tell how you got IDE3-4 working and if you are up and running
    > satisfactory.

    Nope. In one board, I got two TX2 running fine. In different other
    boards (tyan thunder dual athlon), only a single TX2 is working fine.
    (System crashed shortly after IDE driver init in above mentioned
    combinations.

    BTW: This is a 2 way communication problem:
    - Andre ignores bugging user requests to some extend
    - He gets ignored by leading kernel hackers to some extend

    both based on (*)

    One can only hope, that Andre gets his bablefish running, and
    using it then to communicate with the rest of _this_ universe.

    > Rgds
    >
    > Henrik

    Cheers,
    Hans-Peter

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.027 / U:57.968 seconds]