SubjectRe: Linux 2.5.6-dj1

davej@suse.de said:
> Indeed. Once Linus returns from vacation, I'll be doing a
> patch-bombing on a larger scale than usual 8-)
> Any bits I'm uncertain of, I'll bounce your way first for
> clarification, deal ?

This really brings up a very important point. As Doug has said before, since
there are quite a few patches floating around on the SCSI list and other
discussion of structural alteration in there, could we not have our own
bitkeeper repository for the SCSI subsystem to keep them all in (and so that
we can roll our own patch sets from)?

Jens, you're now listed as the SCSI maintainer so you are the person who is
supposed to serve as a conduit to Linus for all of the SCSI patches. You
would also be the logical person to look after a SCSI bitkeeper repository, so
will you look after one for us? I can volunteer to help, and I'm sure others
will.

I'm getting pretty tired of the snide comments from HW manufacturers and other
OS interests about the state of our SCSI subsystem (not to mention
unfavourable comparisons from the IDE guys). Perhaps something like this
could galvanise the community and serve as a catalyst for a general
streamlining of the subsystem.

James

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.035 / U:0.188 seconds]