    SubjectRe: 2.4.19-pre3-ac1 - Quotactl patch
    On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > You might want to upgrade to the newer one, the patch has undergone a lot
    > > of changes and -ac against the XFS merge of the quotactl patch seriously
    > > breaks ;-(
    >
    > The -ac patch is the current stable 2.4 one for 32bit uid quota. [...]

    Shawn,

    We are using Jan's latest "alpha" patches in XFS CVS (not the latest
    "stable" patches), so you will need to follow the recipe I sent out
    earlier (see below) for getting these patches to work together with
    the quota patch in Alan's patches. Following this recipe, nothing
    should "seriously break" -- please let me know if it does -- and no
    additional quota patches are necessary for XFS.

    cheers.

    --
    Nathan

    On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 12:59:04AM -0500, Shawn Starr wrote:

    > I will be doing this today for -shawn10. Thank you.
    >
    > Shawn.
    >
    > On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Nathan Scott wrote:
    > > Subject: TAKE - Even newer VFS quota
    > >
    > > This is Jan's latest set of VFS quota patches. These patches (which
    > > were posted to LKML on the weekend) allow the two VFS quota formats
    > > and quotactl interfaces to coexist. All seems stable on my machine.
    > >
    > > If you're one of the people merging XFS with Alan Cox's patches, you
    > > should first reverse-apply Jan's old patches (which removes the old
    > > 32 bit UID/GID quota from Alan's patches, and then apply the new code
    > > from the XFS CVS tree (which "re-applies" the 32 bit UID/GID quota
    > > patches, but now using Jan's new mechanisms).
    > >
    > > Please let us know of any quota oddities you see in the CVS tree.
    > >
    > > cheers.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.024 / U:62.836 seconds]