SubjectRe: 2.4.19-pre3-ac1 - Quotactl patch
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > You might want to upgrade to the newer one, the patch has undergone a lot
> > of changes and -ac against the XFS merge of the quotactl patch seriously
> > breaks ;-(
>
> The -ac patch is the current stable 2.4 one for 32bit uid quota. [...]

Shawn,

We are using Jan's latest "alpha" patches in XFS CVS (not the latest
"stable" patches), so you will need to follow the recipe I sent out
earlier (see below) for getting these patches to work together with
the quota patch in Alan's patches. Following this recipe, nothing
should "seriously break" -- please let me know if it does -- and no
additional quota patches are necessary for XFS.

cheers.

--
Nathan

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 12:59:04AM -0500, Shawn Starr wrote:

> I will be doing this today for -shawn10. Thank you.
>
> Shawn.
>
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Nathan Scott wrote:
> > Subject: TAKE - Even newer VFS quota
> >
> > This is Jan's latest set of VFS quota patches. These patches (which
> > were posted to LKML on the weekend) allow the two VFS quota formats
> > and quotactl interfaces to coexist. All seems stable on my machine.
> >
> > If you're one of the people merging XFS with Alan Cox's patches, you
> > should first reverse-apply Jan's old patches (which removes the old
> > 32 bit UID/GID quota from Alan's patches, and then apply the new code
> > from the XFS CVS tree (which "re-applies" the 32 bit UID/GID quota
> > patches, but now using Jan's new mechanisms).
> >
> > Please let us know of any quota oddities you see in the CVS tree.
> >
> > cheers.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.037 / U:0.040 seconds]