SubjectRE: [OOPS] Kernel powerdown
Date
> From: Alan Cox [mailto:alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk]
> > flushing ide devices: hda hdb hde
> > Power down.
> > NMI Watchdog detected LOCKUP on CPU0
> Looks like the ACPI code is simply forgetting to turn off the
> NMI watchdog

Does the machine power off successfully using ACPI when the NMI watchdog is
not enabled?

Theoretically we should be turning the machine off, after which I'm pretty
sure the NMI watchdog shouldn't be an issue :) but IIRC we are masking
interrupts and doing some delays before turning off, so the NMI watchdog
might not be liking that? APM doesn't turn off the NMI afaik so why should
ACPI have to?

-- Andy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.046 / U:0.612 seconds]