SubjectRe: Linux 2.4 and BitKeeper
In article <>,
Jeff Garzik <> wrote:
>I always check out my trees with "bk -r co -q" precisely because of
>command-line completion.

That's fine for the command line completion, but it doesn't solve the
generic problem. No tree-based thing works unchanged.

The fact is, mixing up the revision control directories and the working
area is a design mistake, and one that BK perpetuated due to Larry's
infatuation with the fact that "make" and "patch" already know how SCCS

(It should be noted that this design mistake is also one of the
stumbling blocks for ever improving the BK databases. It limits your
viability in the long run, which is why I'm trying to prod Larry into
fixing it).