    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4 and BitKeeper
    In article <>,
    Jeff Garzik <> wrote:
    >I always check out my trees with "bk -r co -q" precisely because of
    >command-line completion.

    That's fine for the command line completion, but it doesn't solve the
    generic problem. No tree-based thing works unchanged.

    The fact is, mixing up the revision control directories and the working
    area is a design mistake, and one that BK perpetuated due to Larry's
    infatuation with the fact that "make" and "patch" already know how SCCS

    (It should be noted that this design mistake is also one of the
    stumbling blocks for ever improving the BK databases. It limits your
    viability in the long run, which is why I'm trying to prod Larry into
    fixing it).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.036 / U:8.588 seconds]