SubjectRe: 2.5.6: ide driver broken in PIO mode

Jens,

How about telling me this much since you are claiming an answer and
solution. Where exactly do you plan to determine whether the current
device data block is a success or failure? This is regardless of read or
write direction.

For the record the single sector transfers do not handle this case either.

Maybe if the two of you will provide some room to get work done, I can
finish what I started and get out of your way.

As it is clear I am being shown the door.

I will go soon enough but I owe it to the folks out there to finish
something I started which I have wait to see if anyone could finish, this
includes the newly appointed Martin.

Your answer is incomplete, Jens.

However, I will stand back and let you do it and then proceed in a lab
with analyzers to provide the traces of short comings.

Regards,

Andre