    SubjectRe: [patch] PIIX rewrite patch, pre-final
    Let me try and contribute a bit more back to this wonderful document..

    > 0x1078 Cyrix
    > 0x0102 CX5530 x x x x x - - - x
    > known bugs:
    > - all: busmaster transfers need to be 16 byte aligned instead of wor=
    > aligned.

    Add: A DMA block of 65536 bytes comes out as 0 bytes in the chipset.

    > 0x1166 ServerWorks
    > 0x0211 OSB4 x x ? ? x - - - x
    > 0x0212 CSB5
    > < 0x92 x x ? ? x x - - -
    > >=3D 0x92 x x ? ? x x x - -
    > known bugs:
    > - OSB4: at least some chip revisions can't do Ultra DMA mode 1 and a=
    > bove

    Interesting - any idea which you've found a problem. One errata we see in
    the Linux case with specific drive/board combinations is a
    transfer completing but the DMA busy bit never being cleared. The next
    DMA transaction is shifted by 4 bytes starting with the last dword of
    the previous I/O (as if the DMA engine got something stuck in a FIFO)

    > - CSB5: no host side cable type detection.
    (Except with extra glue - eg on Dell boxes)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.023 / U:183.008 seconds]