    SubjectRe: oracle rmap kernel version

    The IPS/ServerRAID driver can work with the siorl patch - just isn't in
    the lse02 rollup. It will probably be in the lse04 rollup once I get done
    testing the lse03 rollup. ;-)

    If the source if available for a particular driver and you are interested
    in some level of IO scalability in a 2.4 kernel, we have a fairly robust
    patch that can easily be made to work. If the driver is reasonably
    written, the modification to support the siorl patch is just to enable
    the feature. If it is not well written, we might need to take a look
    at the locking model used and propose a few mods. BTW, IDE is not
    "well written" from this perspective. Also, I believe the some future
    Red Hat kernel will include a more wide-sweeping version of the siorl
    patch which may support all drivers out of the box.