SubjectRe: [patch] My AMD IDE driver, v2.7
Hi,

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:21:34 +0100
Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz> wrote:

> VIA is already OK, well, it has my name in it. :) AMD is now also (well,
> that one wasn't broken, just ugly), SiS is being revamped by Lionel
> Bouton (whom I'm trying to help as much as I can), so yes, PIIX would be
> next.
>
> PIIX and ICH are pretty crazy hardware from the design perspective, very
> legacy-bound back to the first Intel PIIX chip. And the driver for these
> in the kernel has similarly evolved following the hardware. However, it
> doesn't seem to be wrong at the first glance. Nevertheless, I'll take a
> look at it. Unfortunately, I don't have any Intel hardware at hand to
> test it with.

I have one Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01) here and I can test it for you.
This machine isn't very important so it doesn't matter if some data gets shredded ;)
Just send me the patch when you've finished it.

Bye[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]