    SubjectRe: [patch] My AMD IDE driver, v2.7

    On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:21:34 +0100
    Vojtech Pavlik <> wrote:

    > VIA is already OK, well, it has my name in it. :) AMD is now also (well,
    > that one wasn't broken, just ugly), SiS is being revamped by Lionel
    > Bouton (whom I'm trying to help as much as I can), so yes, PIIX would be
    > next.
    > PIIX and ICH are pretty crazy hardware from the design perspective, very
    > legacy-bound back to the first Intel PIIX chip. And the driver for these
    > in the kernel has similarly evolved following the hardware. However, it
    > doesn't seem to be wrong at the first glance. Nevertheless, I'll take a
    > look at it. Unfortunately, I don't have any Intel hardware at hand to
    > test it with.

    I have one Intel Corp. 82371AB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01) here and I can test it for you.
    This machine isn't very important so it doesn't matter if some data gets shredded ;)
    Just send me the patch when you've finished it.

    Bye[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]
     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.021 / U:0.108 seconds]