    SubjectRe: [patch] My AMD IDE driver, v2.7
    >> Linus, would it be acceptable to you to include an -optional- filter for
    >> ATA commands? There is definitely a segment of users that would like to
    >> firewall their devices, and I think (as crazy as it may sound) that
    >> notion is a valid one.
    >If you are *trully paranoid* and want to *fire wall* your device then
    >the proper way of doing this is to DISABLE those ioctl entierly.
    >It simple like that. They are not required for regular operation by
    >concept. Other then this I see no argument here.

    Well; I don't agree. Firewall via a loadable module can make sense if the
    actual module does a kind of "filter all but a specified known set of safe
    commands" for example, like retreiving SMART infos, or such things.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.020 / U:36.236 seconds]