    SubjectRe: directory notifications lost after fork?
    On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:59:49PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    > My patch makes directory notifiers per thread group instead of per process
    > tree (which they are now).

    I overlooked that in your patch you changed the index for the lookup, so
    yes, that looks a better fix.

    > This would be equivalent to returning -EPERM if you tried to remove a
    > lock on a file when you didn't set it ...

    Lock are standard and we cannot change such API, but for a fairly new
    API I'd prefer strict stuff. Anyways now -EPERM would be wrong and the
    need of the errorback is also lower because there's no risk of
    collisions anymore, now different current->files will be able to get
    different notifiers, so if something it should be a -ENOENT, it's not a
    matter of permissions/ownership anymore.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.023 / U:3.620 seconds]