SubjectRe: Upgrading Headers?
> When a person switches to, or upgrades a kernel, how do they upgrade the
> associated header files? The headers in /usr/include won't match the kernel.
> I don't see anything about that in the documentation.

Thats intentional.

> When I want to program with my new kernel I need to use the new headers, so I
> have to use #include <linux/fcntl.h> instead of #include <fcntl.h>. This
> seems odd.

You want a newer glibc basically (or for specific cases just fix the headers)
The point is that glibc<->app and kernel<->glibc do not match. Eg glibc had
32bit uid_t well before the kernel did - as a result moving the kernel
to 32bit uid has been almost painless.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans