    SubjectRe: SSSCA: We're in trouble now
    On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > Linux doesnt use the BIOS if you tell it not to, if it can avoid using
    > > it. It will :)
    > It has no control over the BIOS and SMM code. Who knows what is going on
    > behind the scenes in the BIOS, be it for intentional or more dubious
    > purposes.

    All too true. However, given the quality of BIOS code we have seen over
    the years, the thought of your average BIOS programmer implementing
    cryptographic techniques does provide some amusement ;-)

    Any chance of any manafacturers open-sourcing their BIOS?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.021 / U:19.712 seconds]