SubjectRe: Disgusted with kbuild developers
Hi!

> >>. A Microsoft engineer wrote scripts/Configure. For three years, I have
> >> lived in fear that Microsoft would notice this fact and use it to attack
> >> Linux through public relations channels or legal means. They haven't
> >> yet,
> >> so I have been wrong so far.
> >>

> >Teehee. I don't think you have anything to worry about, Microsoft would be
> >incredibly embarassed to admit they're contributing to 'problem number 1'.
>

> I agree, but we know some strange 'behaviour' of MS.
> They have a lot of lawers, they can make us a lot of trouble.
> (You will notice that there are no copyright statment on that file,
> only the name of authors).
>
> Remember the RMS (a flame with the word 'ESR' MUST have also the 'RMS' :-))
> way to include 'free' patches: sign and send to FSF a piece of paper,
> that the patches CAN be included.
> I think nobody in Linux have done that, thus we can expect some
> more troubles and microsoft is a large troubles-maker

FSF is actually doing something completely different, they want to be
able to change copyrights.
Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa