SubjectRe: [bk patch] Make cardbus compile in -pre4
On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 01:01:34PM -0800, David Lang wrote:
> do you have a script that can go back after the fact and see what can be
> hardlinked?
>
> I'm thinking specififcly of the type of thing that will be happening to
> your server where you have a bunch of people putting in a clone of one
> tree who will probably not be doing a clone -l to set it up, but who could
> have and you want to clean up after the fact (and perhapse again on a
> periodic basis, becouse after all of these trees apply a changeset from
> linus they will all have changed (breaking the origional hardlinks) but
> will still be duplicates of each other.

We don't, but we can, and we should. "bk relink tree1 tree2" seems like
the right interface.

Right now we aren't too worried about the disk space, the data is sitting
on a pair of 40GB drives and we're running the trees in gzip mode, so they
are 75MB each. But yes, it's a good idea, we should do it, and probably
should figure out some way to make it automatic. I'll add it to the
(ever growing) list, thanks.
--
---