    SubjectRe: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing
    On Feb 07, 2002  22:06 -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
    > > Ideally, this should ask what changesets you want to send, and what
    > > public tree to look at to see *what* makes sense to send.
    >
    > In BK 2.1.4 we added a
    >
    > bk send -u<url> email
    >
    > which does the sync with the URL and sends only what you have that the
    > URL doesn't have. But you have to be running 2.1.4 on both ends.

    In one way, it doesn't make sense to "bk send" a CSET that is already
    in the parent repository, so by default <url> should probably be the
    parent. The "proper" mode of operation would be to "bk pull" on the
    other end if they want to get a copy of the whole repository, I think.

    If you can't contact the repository to check, "bk send" would only send
    a subset of CSETs unless told otherwise. Maybe at most all CSETs generated
    locally which do not have CSETs from the parent repository following them,
    or maybe non-local CSETs following them.

    Unfortunately, I don't know how hard it is to determine "CSETs from the
    parent repository". It is also hard to guess what to do when you _are_
    the parent repository.

    In general I don't think you ever want to send a whole repository by
    email, and this is probably a user error.

    Cheers, Andreas
    --
    Andreas Dilger