    SubjectRe: [RFC] New locking primitive for 2.5
    On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 15:15, wrote:

    > I'd love to hear how things could be done right here.
    > There seem to be 3 choices for reader writer locks

    Assuming there is no

    4. a solution that works

    (and I do not assume that) we can just not do inheritance under
    reader-writer locks and that means they remain as spin locks. Normal
    spin locks remain proper candidates.

    I never mentioned anything about reader-writer locks in my original
    email. Most of the long-held locks I am considering are not in this
    category anyway ...

    Robert Love

    P.S. If this is going to turn into another priority-inheritance flame, I
    am stopping here. Let's take it off-list or just drop it, please. I'd
    much prefer to discuss the current combilock issue which is at hand. ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.020 / U:19.916 seconds]