SubjectRE: Kernel compile problem after reboot
Yes, I did do a 'cp bzImage /boot/vzlinuz-2.4.17'
I tried the:
cp bzImage /dev/fd0 && rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hda5
to no success. It does the same thing as before, just slower since it's
from a floppy (reboots the machine). This time I did configure the kernel a
bit and recompile with still no success. If you have anymore options or
suggestions, please feel free to pass them on.
Here's my machine setup since you asked:

Intel 233
192 meg Ram
10 gb Maxtor HDD (partitioned as hda1:/boot hda5:/ hda?:/swap)
Intel chipset (PCIset)

Here's my lilo.conf file:

boot = /dev/hda
message = /boot/boot_message.txt
timeout = 1200

vga = normal

image = /vmlinuz
root = /dev/hda5
label = Linux
image = /vmlinuz-2.4.17
root = /dev/hda5
label = Linux-2.4.17

It's got to be my configuration or lilo setup (I think) because I can
install Slackware,Redhat and others on it just fine with their default
setup. Anyways, please pass on any info you think might help.