    SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?
    Date
    Followup to:  <4.3.2.7.2.20020204124812.00aec590@mail.osagesoftware.com>
    By author: David Relson <relson@osagesoftware.com>
    In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

    > I remember discussion of that patch some time ago and the main complaint
    > about it was that it increases the size of the kernel, i.e. vmlinuz. Why
    > not put the need info in a module? Doing that would enable the following
    > command:
    >
    > zgrep CONFIG_PROC /lib/modules/`uname -r`/config.gz
    >
    > (or something similar).

    Uhm, no. The problem with it is that you're using kernel memory
    because you're not willing to manage userspace competently, so modules
    (in fact, *using modules at all*) would be right out.

    I have had in my /sbin/installkernel a clause to save .config as
    config-<foo> when I install vmlinuz-<foo>; I believe anyone not doing
    that[1] is, quite frankly, a moron.

    -hpa

    [1] or rather, not doing it without knowing exactly why they aren't --
    sometimes there are good reasons for doing so.
    http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt <amsp@zytor.com>