    SubjectISO9660 bug and loopback driver bug
    First, the ISO9660 bug.  The ISO file system driver in Linux doesn't handle
    leap years correctly. It assumes all years divisible by 4 are leap years,
    which is incorrect. For those that don't know the right algorithm, all
    years that (are divisible by 4) and ((not divisible by 100), or (divisible
    by 400)) are leap years. ISO file dates on or after March 1, 2100 will be 1
    day off when viewed under Linux as a result. The bug is in fs/isofs/util.c,
    function iso_date(). This is a very low priority bug, because a) nobody
    cares about ISO file date accuracy including me; and b) it shouldn't matter
    until 2100. Anyone bored enough to fix this? :) I guess I could do it...

    Now the loopback bug. Files whose size is greater than 2^31-1 don't work
    with the loopback driver. It fails with strange errors, like "device not
    found". This bug prevents DVD-ROM .iso files from being mounted as either
    UDF or ISO file systems - the particular use I encountered it with. It's a
    bit higher of a priority than the ISO9660 date bug, because it prevents
    useful features from working. Still not too important though.

    The above were encountered on 2.4.17, and are both in 2.4.18.

    -- Barubary

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.029 / U:120.756 seconds]